8.28.2010

005 Star

Last year was my star birthday, 28 years old on the 28th of August. This year I'm 29. I'm starting to think that 29 may be worse than 30. It's the year leading up to the year where reflections on your adult life take place. I'm already reflecting. 
 
A couple of years ago I surpass the age that my mom was when she gave birth to me. It was kind of strange. Even now thinking that she would have had two toddlers running around with her at age 29 seems extraordinary. Some days I find it hard enough to take care of myself. I know when my motherly instincts kick in, but it's hard to imagine taking that next step. You'll know when the time is right is currently on repeat in my head.
 
This is by far the fittest I've been in my life. Just finding time to ride can be difficult with a full time job. Change is always good. I think I'm finally starting to find a good balance, and believe in the prospect that having children doesn't mean an end to fitness.
 
We headed down to B-more to met up with Team Director Auer and check out fellow C3- Athletes Serving Athletes teammate Sweet Johnny's Smith's tribute band Spineless Swine. I knew the years where creeping up on me when thinking about going to a Smith's Tribute Show made me wonder, what are the kids wearing these days? I haven't been out on the town in awhile. I can pack for a bike race in 15 minutes flat without thinking twice, any condition I'll be ready, but what do you wear to a Smith's Tribute Concert.
 
I hope I looked BAD enough. 



My berfday was spent riding some nice trails with BA. I cleared a sweet rock garden. That might have been the best present yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment