8.26.2010

003 August 19, 2006

Last week we celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary with a lunch date. Waffle Fries and Veggie Subs. I'm a simple girl. When I came home from work and riding, BA had a fever of 101 and was creating some amazing belches. Some sort of sudden bug. Apparently I may have poisoned him with some bad eggs. No good. A nice bowl of veggie pho from the vietnamese place was in order.

Before I left to pick up our anniversary dinner we sat in bed and reminisced about our wedding day. It was a perfect day.

When I was growing up I was not the type of girl who dreamed of her wedding day, instead I thought I would be a modern women with a permanent live-in boyfriend. As I walked down the aisle with the string quartet playing Pachelbel's "Cannon in D" and saw my husband for the first time, I knew marriage was what I had truly always wanted.

We both say nothing really changed after we got married. This is true, there weren't any drastic changes, but something did change, we both felt a deeper love and connection to the other. We are in this adventure of life together.

While we both have nothing against planning elaborate anniversary celebrations, it just always seems like this day creeps up on us. It's the things we do for each other everyday throughout the year that mean the most; a daytime phone call at work, a coffee refill on the weekend, a load of laundry done at a much needed time, a bike wash after a muddy cross race, saving the last waffle for the other.

We usually split the waffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment